Sudden Death Protection
Do you think that accidental death coverage (of a sudden external cause) is too limited and/or that life insurance is too expensive?
We offer sudden death protection for external and/or internal causes
What do we cover?
- Accidental death (external cause)
- Sudden death due to sudden and internal causes
A sudden death will be exclusively regarded as such if it is caused by one of the following conditions:
- Infectious meningitis, ie. An acute infectious disease that causes meningeal infection
- Stroke following vascular rupture or cerebral thrombosis without a history of causation
- Aortic dissection
- Pulmonary embolism
- Acute hepatitis
- Acute pancreatitis, infectious or toxic, non-alcoholic, with no causative antecedents
- Acute infectious peritonitis
- Acute infectious myocarditis
- A myocardial infarction with no causative antecedents
- Infectious encephalitis, ie. An acute infectious disease that causes brain infection
What is a sudden cause?
An alteration in the health of the insured person of non-accidental origin, but of a sudden and unforeseeable nature, whose cause is beyond the control of the insured person.
What is the price?
The price depends on the age and if the business offers cover for accidental death. For example, a 45 year old policyholder will pay a premium of €745.77 including VAT (non-smoker) or €969.49 including VAT (smoker) for an insured total of €1,000,000
How long is the policy?
The contracts are valid for 1 year. They can be renewed if agreed by the parties. However, in certain cases, in the case of donations for example, a contract of 3 years can be considered at the time of signing. A possible worsening of health of the insured person during the period when the contract is valid will not, in this case, change the contract.
What forms are needed to take out this policy?
The forms required depend on the age of the policy holder and the capital insured. In addition to a proposal being completed, the medical forms may vary from a simple declaration of health to a medical questionnaire which is to be completed by the insured person’s doctor and accompanied with additional medical examinations.
What is the age limit?
- Joining age limit: 79 years old
- Term age limit: 85 years old
What type of customer is this cover for?
Anyone who has a desire to have cover for significant amounts and who wants a greater insurance than just accident cover, without having to use all-cause life insurance (for smokers and ages over 50). Often the cover of the insured persons is reduced to a limited time period (a few years). They wish to be able to cope with a sudden and unexpected event. If a “predictable” death occurs resulting from a long illness, it normally allows the insured to organise; a sudden death can have very dramatic consequences if not protected.